Friday 28 August 2015

A Midsummer Night

We lie awake together
Drifting in our own daydreams
Holding hands with twisted legs

intertwined. There are no words
between us. No whispers of feelings
No sweet nothings said.

We spent so many nights like this,
in silence. In our own thoughts.
Remembering the night we fell in love.

We left the city in the twilight,
It rained. The forest seemed
full of magic then.

Drunkenly exchanging harsh words,
Seductive reasoning and lovers.
I sometimes wonder, is our love

stitched together by magic?
By the dizziness of the forest
The summer heat and midnight’s promise.

Would the nights be different
If we’d exchanged our
lovers for the other’s. I dream

of her lover’s curled hair and
the gap in his teeth.
I stroke my lover’s fingers.


I wonder if he ever dreams of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment